This is where all the posts are going to show up with upcoming events and activities. I’ll try to keep this updated regularly!
Interested in learning more about potential health-related gap year opportunities? Come hear from recent alumni about their experiences and Grant Eustice (Fellowships & Scholarships – Piper Center) and stay for the dessert reception!
When: Sun April 12
What Time: 1pm-2pm
Where: Black Ballroom
In open house style format, drop by to talk to Professor Crisp and Susie Kramer about any pre-health questions or concerns you personally have.
When: Fri. April 10
What Time: 3:00pm – 4:30pm
Where: RNS 356B
In case any of your members are interested in attending medical school in Australia for the first two years.
University of Queensland School of Medicine Ochsner Clinical School
April 2015 Events
Ready to Apply?
Join us for our How to Apply Webinar.
Wednesday, April 9
7pm – 8pm (EDT)
Meet the Students Webinar
A brief presentation about the program followed by a live Q & A with current students.
Wednesday, April 22
7pm – 8pm (EDT)
This program offers US students and Permanent Residents:
– Two Years in Brisbane, Australia
– UQ SoM is a major research institution and is ranked #47 in the World by US News and World Report, higher than 80% of all US medical schools
– Two years of clinical training at the UQ Ochsner Clinical School in New Orleans, LA, the US campus of UQ SoM
– Ochsner Academic Medical Center is ranked in the top 15 Teaching Hospitals in the US by Thomson Reuters
– 96% Residency Match 2014
– USMLE 2014 pass rate is equivalent to US med schools
– USMLE Step 1 2014 scores average the same as the US, Step 2 scores average 20 points higher than the US average
– Average GPA of the 2015 entering class was 3.4; Average MCAT was 29
For complete information about the program and admissions requirements: http://www.mededpath.org/
When: Wed. April 8 2015
Where: RNS 410
What Time: 7pm
Free, Online Info Session
Tues, March 24th or Wed, April 1@ 8 pm EST, Register Here: tinyurl.com/nh9padl
Saha Global is looking for students and young professionals who:
- feel passionate about international social justice, environmental sustainability or public health
- are peer leaders looking to build project management skills
- want a unique experience Northern Region, Ghana
- can help a rural community solve its water or electricity problems by starting a small business
Join Kate, Saha’s Founder and Executive Director for an info session and learn how you can make a sustainable impact over your winter or summer break by participating in Saha’s three-week Global Leadership Program in Ghana. Check out this awesome video for more information.
To learn more or apply visit: www.sahaglobal.org
Dr. Daniel Grossman ’03, Senior Director of Global Health Innovation at Medtronic, will speak about his career as an emergency doctor at Mayo Clinic and his role developing the “Medtronic Global Health Initiative,” a pan-Medtronic strategy for global health focused on innovative products and delivery models. RSVP required in Ole Career Central: http://wp.stolaf.edu/pipercenter/olecareercentral/
What: Dr. Daniel Grossman ’03 Visits
What Time: 12p – 1p
Where: BC 142
Misc: RSVP Required through Ole Career Central: http://wp.stolaf.edu/pipercenter/olecareercentral/
What: HPC Application Review: an opportunity to get advice and feedback from people who have successfully gone through the process before the application is due
When: Monday March 23 2015
Where: RNS 356A
What Time: 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Misc: HPC Application is due Friday March 27th.