In particular, as you begin to prepare for medical school interviews, take a look at these resources:
- Review the U of MN Online Modules for Interview Prep, Personal Statements and Med School Prep
- Review Piper Center’s interviewing skills resources, found here: http://www.stolaf.edu/services/cel/students/Grad_School_Interviews.html
- Be sure to check out these useful websites:
- You can even order the Interviewing for Health Professions Schools Brochure at http://www.naahp.org. It is very inexpensive and includes sample questions and a wide variety of quotes from admissions deans across the country.
- SCHEDULE A PRACTICE INTERVIEW: Once you’ve reviewed this preparatory information, log in to Ole Career Central and schedule an in-person practice interview with a staff member. Click on the Request a Coaching Appointment link form your homepage in Ole Career Central.
Additional valuable interview resources
- MCAT 2015 preview guide (pdf)
- FutureDoctor.net: Medical School Interview Q&A
- Medical School Practice Interview Questions (Word doc)
- University of Minnesota Interview flyer (pdf)
AAMC / AMCAS
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has a wealth of resources about the medical school application process. You can begin by watching a short video as it explains the process to apply to the majority of LCME accredited medical schools through the American Medical School Application Service (AMCAS) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IQZUUP655I8). AAMC also has a detailed Instruction Manual (www.aamc.org/amcasmanaul) that you can review.
You can always contact AMCAS from 9AM to 7PM ET via phone or email at 202 828 0950 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
Piper Center Walk-In Assistance
Stop by the Piper Center in Tomson 270 with questions! Piper Center Peer Advisors with pre-health experience will be on hand to provide walk-in assistance this fall:
- Mondays 11:30-3
- Tuesdays 12:30-2, 3-5
- Thursdays 10-3
- Fridays 11:30-1:30